TITLE: Employment / Community Specialist
JOB LOCATION: Rice Street-Retirement Services, 2459 Rice Street Roseville, MN 55113
How would you like to work for an innovative company that believes that people with disabilities deserve the same opportunity to work in a competitive workforce and engage in volunteer and community activities as everyone else?
Are you passionate about challenging people to succeed? Will you commit to helping someone discover their potential? We are looking for the kind of person who wants to increase the prosperity of people with disabilities by helping them live the American Dream.
Come and be a part of a forward-thinking and leader in the field of disabilities and employment! Make a difference in the lives of others!!!
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES: Work with people with disabilities in community based services. Develop and implement service record
management functions (write Progress Reports, CSSP-A, SMA, IAPP, outcomes, etc… & represent Kaposia at annual and semi-
annual ST meetings). Each day is varied as you will be working with different people based upon their interest in the activity that
you are supervising; be it a volunteer site, work site, retirement site, or recreational group. Occasionally drive a.m. or p.m. van
routes using company passenger vans. As necessary, provide personal care and mobility assistance. Participate in required team
meetings and trainings. Support the mission of Kaposia, inc.
HOURS: Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., must be flexible and willing to adjust workday depending upon support needs of
people in service, to provide transportation, to attend meetings and training as required beyond regular work hours.
COMPENSATION: $15.00 – up to $16.00 per hour, depending upon education, skills, and experience.
BENEFITS: Full-benefit package after completing two full-months of employment. Benefits include medical (monthly employee
contribution), dental, life insurance, AD & D, long-term disability. Other benefits include: 401K, 7 paid holidays, Personal Time Off
(PTO), & Short Term Leave (STL).
POSITION AVAILABLE: Immediately
Submit letter of interest and current resume to: Len Roussel, Rice Street-Retirement Services Coordinator or submit letter of interest and resume below.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A four-year degree in a field related to human services, and one year of full-time work experience providing direct care services to persons with disabilities or persons age 65 and older is preferred, OR
- A two-year degree in a field related to human services, and two full years of full-time work experience providing direct care services to persons with disabilities or persons age 65 and older is preferred, OR
- A diploma in a field related to human services from an accredited postsecondary institution and three years of full-time work experience providing direct care services to persons with disabilities or persons age 65 or older is preferred OR
- A minimum of 50 hours of education and training related to human services and disabilities and Four years of full-time work experience providing direct care services to persons with disabilities or persons age 65 and older.
- A four-year degree in a field related to service provision, and one year work experience with individuals with developmental disabilities is preferred, OR
- A two-year degree in a field related to service provision, and two years of work experience with consumers with developmental disabilities is preferred, OR
- A diploma in community-based developmental disability services from an accredited postsecondary institution and two years of work experience with consumers with developmental disabilities is preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- Demonstrates efficiency using a computer or laptop for work assignments
- Receive a “qualified” status on the criminal background check.
- Perform the physical requirements of the job daily
- Have a vehicle, valid license and clean driving record or alternate transportation available to conduct company business