TITLE: Transportation / Community Specialist
JOB LOCATION: 8100 Wayzata Blvd, Golden Valley, MN 55426
How would you like to work for an innovative company that believes that people with disabilities deserve the same opportunity to work in a competitive workforce and engage in volunteer and community activities as everyone else?
Are you passionate about challenging people to succeed? Will you commit to helping someone discover their potential? We are looking for the kind of person who wants to increase the prosperity of people with disabilities by helping them live the American Dream.
Come and be a part of a forward-thinking and leader in the field of disabilities and employment! Make a difference in the lives of others!!!
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES: The Transportation Specialist is responsible for transporting passengers with developmental disabilities between scheduled destinations using a company passenger van, ensuring that the passengers arrive at their desired location in a safe & timely manner. As a Community Specialist (1 to 5 days a week depending on need), you will support and supervise 2-4 individuals in community-based volunteer sites, social skill development, and community-based recreation. The Transportation Specialist is responsible for conducting required vehicle safety inspections, correcting minor repairs like replacing windshield wiper blades, air filter, adding oil, cleaning vehicles etc. Notify the manager regarding any necessary repairs, and completing written reports as required. Participate in all required service team meetings and other meetings. Assist other Transportation Specialist in maintaining fleet of vans and learning to utilize the Vehicle Manager software.
HOURS: Full time hours. Monday-Friday, mostly split schedule between 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., must be willing to work additional hours as necessary. If supporting individuals in the community, it’s not a split shift. Must be flexible to attend meetings and training as required beyond regular work hours.
COMPENSATION: Non-Exempt position, $15.00-$16.00 per hour depending upon education and experience.
BENEFITS: Full-benefit package available after completing 3 full-months of employment. Benefits include medical (monthly employee contribution), dental, life insurance, AD & D, long-term disability, 401K, education assistance, paid holidays, paid training, Personal Time Off (PTO) and Short Term Leave (STL).
POSITION AVAILABLE: Immediately
Submit letter of interest and current resume to: Louis Hennessy, Hennepin Services Coordinator or submit letter of interest and resume below.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A two-year degree in a field related to service provision, and two years of work experience with consumers with developmental disabilities is preferred, OR A diploma in community-based developmental disability services from an accredited postsecondary institution and two years of work experience with consumers with developmental disabilities is preferred.
- Must have demonstrated good decision making, problem solving and judgment skills.
- Candidate must have regular and consistent attendance, must be flexible, dependable and punctual
- Must be able to work without supervision. Must be a team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have basic computer skills
- Maintain first aid/CPR certification.
- Vehicle, valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.
- Must receive a qualified status on a criminal background check.
- Must be able to perform the physical functions of the job, willing to learn and use the computer network.