Our Company: Our mission is to invest in the prosperity of people with disabilities and the profitability of our partners. Our niche: Helping individuals find employment and retirement opportunities that fit their skills, interests, and passions, which positions an employer to increase the value of their company. Kaposia has been the leader in this industry for over 60 years.
JOB PURPOSE: The Accountant is responsible for the management of day-to-day accounting functions across the organization, as well as supporting the Director of Finance with long-term planning.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES:
- Account Payables – Process payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures. Perform weekly financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting, and recording accounts payable data. Preparing bills, invoices, and bank deposits
- Payroll – Manage the ADP Workforce Now payroll system, including processing payroll, verifying payroll data, and ensuring accurate and timely payment of employees. Collaborate with HR to ensure accurate employee data and maintain employee payroll records. Prepares payroll transactions for General Ledger, Unemployment, and 401K submission.
- General Ledger –Prepare journal entries for revenue, accruals, and reconciliation. Will manage financial reports, records, and general ledgers, with the assistance of the Director of Finance
- Other – Assist Director of Finance with annual budget, annual audit, grant reporting and periodic Minnesota DHS reporting.
- Account Receivables – Backup for Director of Finance with maintaining CASHE billing system. Calculating, recording, inputting, and processing financial data into the General Ledger.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS: A bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or a related field. Minimum 2 years of general accounting experience. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables and V-lookup). Desired experience with accounting software, ADP Workforce Now, CASHE software billing and DHS MN-ITS.
HOURS: This is a hybrid position based on a 40-hour work week.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: This is a full-time, exempt position with an annual salary between $62K- $68K. Benefits include medical, dental, disability, life, 401K plan, Personal Time off (PTO), Short-Term Leave Bank and 8 paid holidays. Opportunity for career advancement.
POSITION AVAILABLE: Upon hire of qualified candidate
APPLICATION PROCESS: Submit letter of interest and resume to email@example.com
Catherine A Schnapp, Director of Finance
Kaposia is committed to creating a diverse work environment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, veteran/military status, disability or handicap, age, sexual orientation, status about public assistance, or any other protected class status defined by law.