You will help individuals with disabilities 65 or older find meaningful activities and relish their retirement. Every day you will work with two to four individuals for a predetermined period to understand what activities they enjoy and expose them to new experiences. You will be with the same people regularly as part of their support team to engage them in recreation and community-engagement activities based on their interests. To succeed in this role, you must have a clean driving record and direct support experience, including toileting, food preparation, and medication administration. Most importantly, you must have a heart for working with individuals with disabilities.
Do you have a passion for helping people with disabilities? Does making a difference in peoples’ lives, give you great satisfaction? Then, Kaposia, inc. is what you’re looking for! Seeking candidates who are creative, innovative, and looking for more than just a paycheck. You will become part of a dedicated team, working to ensure that people with disabilities, have the same retirement opportunities as everyone else. www.kaposia.com
Here’s what you can expect on a typical day:
- Working Monday thru Friday 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM- no nights and weekends.
- Activities will be in the community; based on the interests of the individuals you work with, you’ll do the legwork to make sure they can enjoy these activities, whether it be bowling, community service, hiking, or something entirely different. It’s all about making their day great.
- Range of direct support. Some will need help preparing food, administering meds, cutting up food, toileting, and social coaching.
- Physical requirements: you may need to push a wheelchair, help an individual step into the van, etc.
- You are making someone else’s day.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: Nonexempt, $18.00 -19.00 per hour based on education and experience.
- Full-benefit package after two full months of employment to include medical (employee contribution), dental, life insurance, AD&D, long-term disability, 401K plan, Personal Time Off (up to 15 days first year,) Short Term Leave (STL) and eight holidays. Company provided laptop and cellphone. Mileage reimbursed.
- Offices are smoke and fragrance free and off-street parking.
Kaposia is committed to creating a diverse work environment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, veteran/military status, disability or handicap, age, sexual orientation, status about public assistance, or any other protected class status defined by law.
HOW TO APPLY: Letter of interest and current resume to: Kaposia, inc.,
Len Roussel, Retirement Services Coordinator
2459 Rice St. Roseville, MN 55113